The Arts & Sciences Building will be renumbered before the summer semester starts. Students have told us classrooms are hard to find in A&S, so we’re renumbering using a more intuitive, straightforward numbering system.
Your summer semester schedule in Banner includes all the new room numbers. Get your updated map at lcc.edu/locate/buildings/as.
Make sure your major in Banner is correct!
Because of federal regulations, financial aid can only pay for courses in your major or program of study. It is important to keep your major updated so you don’t have to pay for courses without financial aid.
Keeping your major up-to-date also helps you complete on time! Even if you don’t receive financial aid, be sure your major is correct so we can communicate with you about any changes in your program that could impact your required courses.
Have questions? Check out this FAQ or visit the StarZone.
Sell your textbooks back for cash!
MBS will visit the Downtown Campus and West Campus to buy back the books you don’t need after classes finish. Times include:
- 11 a.m. – 6 pm. Thursday, May 3, at West Campus
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, and Thursday, May 3, in the StarZone
You also can sell your books back online.
LCC is looking for a T-shirt design to welcome new students. Submit your fun design for a chance to be featured on the 2018 STARientation shirts and receive a $20 food gift card.
All current students are welcome to submit a design by 5 p.m. Friday, May 11. Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get all the details at lcc.edu/advising/t-shirt-contest.aspx.
Registration for summer classes is now open! Visit lcc.edu/register.
Don’t wait! There is no late registration after classes begin.
Fall registration will open Monday, June 25.
Join LCC’s Financial Aid team to celebrate national Money Smart Week.
Money Smart Week takes place in cities around the country April 21-28. Its goal is to empower students through financial awareness and preparedness.
Our Financial Aid team and campus partners have teamed up to bring financial literacy principles to the Downtown Campus. Participate in interactive presentations and get an opportunity to win a scholarship. The event will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, April 23, through Thursday, April 26, in the Gannon Highway and Commons.
Your feedback matters!
Evaluate your classes at lcc.edu/course_evals. The college uses your responses to improve classes. Submit your evaluations by May 11.
Join LCC’s Police and Public Safety at an open forum to learn more about safety on campus. Hear what police do every day to keep you safe, how you can keep yourself safe and ask your questions.
Sessions will be held at the Downtown Campus:
- 2-3 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, in Gannon Building 2214
- 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, April 17, in TLC 127
- 4-5 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, in Gannon Building 2214
Sessions also will be available at West Campus:
- 4-5 p.m. Tuesday, April 17, in Room W157
- 10-11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, in Room U234
We look forward to seeing you!
When someone forces, manipulates or coerces another person into sexual activity, they commit sexual violence. This happens any time a person does not or cannot give consent. Reasons someone might not be able to consent include:
- Influence of alcohol or other drugs
Sexual violence includes a range of actions and behaviors. Some examples include rape, child sexual abuse, sexual exploitation and sexual harassment.
Sexual violence happens to people of all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, professions, incomes and ethnicities. It happens every day in our communities, schools and workplaces
Support is available for students. Please contact LCC Counseling at 517-483-1924 or visit Campus Resources in the StarZone.
For more information, visit nsvrc.org/saam or knowyourix.org/issues/statistics.
The April issue of Student Health 101 is now available! In this issue:
- 6 strategies to make healthier eating easier
- 8 proven ways to be happier that you can try today
- Float on: Learn how this meditation technique can help your stress level
- Making social gatherings fun for everyone: A guide for hosts & guests
- Need a caffeine break: Here’s how to stay alert all day without it
- UCookbook: Decadent DIY granola
- Fitness U: High-intensity interval training (HIIT) – A fast way to fit
- How to make the ultimate creamy vegan mac and cheese
- Apps & podcasts we love: Stand Up!
- Ask the doc: “What do I do about bad body odors-especially around the crotch region?”
- Ask the nutritionist: “How do you manage a healthy diet when you’re constantly busy?”
- Ask the professor: “How do you know when you have too much on your plate?”
- Contributor spotlight: Rishabh
- Health Bulletins