December 5—Budgeting 101. 12-2:00 pm. Mackinaw Building 222.
–Porsche Miles, Case Credit Union. Sponsored by TRiO and Women’s Resource/Returning Adult Program.
With the holidays coming up, now is a good time to be thinking about money and budgets. Budgeting 101 will introduce participants to sound practices in managing and budgeting their money. For more information contact:
Lisa Haston, Ph.D.
Women’s Resource/Returning Adult Program
Lansing Community College
Lansing MI 48901
Free 45 Minute Clothed Massages Available – by appointment only!
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014
- Appointments available at: 6:00 P.M., 7:00 P.M., and 8:00 P.M.
- HHS Building, Room 013
Call the Therapeutic Massage Clinic at 517.483.1451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
Please contact the Gay Straight Alliance advisor – John Stratton – email@example.com for more information.
Attending Silver Bells in the City this Friday? Snap a photo of the LCC float in the parade for a chance to win a $10 gift card to Subway!
How to play:
1) Take a photo of the LCC REO Truck during the 30th Annual Silver Bells in the City parade. The celebration will take place on Friday, November 21 from 5-9 p.m. in downtown Lansing.
2) Upload and share your photo on Instagram using #LCCArt. Or, upload and share your photo on Twitter, “tweeting” @LCCStars and using #LCCArt.
Our social media team will select three winners on Monday, November 24, and announce them on LCC’s main Facebook and Twitter accounts. Winning entries will also be featured on the LCC Facebook and Twitter feeds. Questions? Contact Devon Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning on November 24, Subway–one of the fastest growing franchises in the world, will open alongside Einstein Bros. Bagels in the renovated Gannon Building food court known as “The Commons.” Subway is the place for deli-style eats, but will also serve breakfast sandwiches, salads, and flat-bread pizzas. Subway will be open Monday-Thursday from 7a.m.-7p.m. and Friday 7a.m.-2p.m.
Pizza Hut Express and specialty food stations by Michigan-based Continental Services are still slated to debut in January. For more information or to view menus, please visit lcc.edu/dining.
Please contact PTK Advisor – Lucy Smythe 517.483.1434 for more information.
Need Assistance Enrolling in an Individual Health Insurance Plan through HealthCare.gov?
LCC has engaged the services of Gallagher Benefits to assist our employees, students, and community members with reviewing options available through the Healthcare Exchange Marketplace offered as part of the Affordable Care Act. Open enrollment in coverage for 2015 begins on November 15, 2014.
Gallagher Benefits will be offering onsite assistance at the following dates and times:
- Monday November 17th 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 244 of the Gannon Building (near the Gannon Food Commons)
- Tuesday November 18th 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 244 of the Gannon Building (near the Gannon Food Commons)
Assistance will be provided with the following:
- Choosing a carrier (Gallagher does not have a contract with any one carrier and can enroll in all carriers)
- Understanding and choosing a plan design- or metal level (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Catastrophic)
- Establishing premium cost, explaining the deductible, out of pocket costs, Rx costs, etc. and providing information on what this means to the applicant
- Completing your enrollment online
- Assisting and answering questions after enrollment if you need additional support above what is being provided by the chosen carrier (if you would like to name Gallagher as your agent for your coverage)
A brief (18 minute) but very informative webinar has been prepared to help you understand the basics of coverage as well as information you will want to have available to complete enrollment. You can access this webinar here: http://ajg.adobeconnect.com/p4d2plr989w/
If you are not able to attend the onsite sessions but have questions about coverage or enrollment, you may contact our Gallagher Benefits staff at 248-203-0626 or by email at BinghamFarms.GBS.Individual@ajg.com.
Be informed and understand your options for Health Insurance Coverage. Open enrollment for coverage through the Healthcare Exchange ends on February 15th.
You are cordially invited to come and chat with a scientist about an interesting and/or controversial science topic. Patterned after the International Cafe Scientifique, the Science Department has initiated an outreach program to promote public interest in science.
Our goal is simply to have regularly scheduled sessions for informal discussions of scientific topics.
November 18, 2014, 7:00pm
Schuler Books – Eastwood Towne Center
Ebola, once known only to virologists as an obscure, yet deadly virus in Africa, has emerged as a global public health threat. Although the first occurrence was documented 38 years ago, interest in a cure, containment, or vaccine development was minimal…until now. Using the current Ebola virus outbreak we will explore the process of scientific progress within the context of societal constraints as well as the biology of Ebola virus and what makes it deadly. LCC Biology Professor Mindy Wilson will be our presenter.
Please join us. If you have any questions, please contact Alex Azima by phone 517-483-1110 or by e-mail email@example.com.
Rejuvenate, get moving, and enjoy some fresh air while trying your hand at Poker! Poker skills not required. Grab three of your friends (groups of four are desirable but not necessary) and join us anytime between 11:30 and 1pm for a walk around West Campus. Pick a card each lap. Best poker hands will win great prizes.
When: November 13, 11:30am-1:00pm
Where: West Campus Fitness Center (Dress for the elements, but we’ll stay inside if it’s raining)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.