On June 25th and 26th, Automotive Technology student and LCC employee George Garza attended the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Kansas City to compete in Automotive Technology. More than 15,000 people were expected to attend the week long event, representing 99 different trade, technical, leadership fields. Contestants in the automotive competition were judged on their ability to perform jobs and skills based on the task list outlined by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF). There were thirteen skill stations as a part of the auto competition, including on-vehicle, simulations, bench and component testing and a written test.
Congratulations to George who took 12th place out of 43 contestants!
Sponsored by the Lansing Community College Women’s Resource/Returning Adult Program
The Student Affairs Division has moved back into Gannon and began serving students on Monday, June 30. A central feature of the new space is the StarZone, a one-stop hub for all student needs. The StarZone brings together core student services like admissions, registration, advising, financial aid, counseling, student life and more. This first-rate, student-focused area ensures every student receives personalized attention via the help of knowledgeable customer relationship specialists and offers the latest interactive delivery tools. Quiet study rooms wired for modern electronic devices complement unique activity areas that encourage inclusion, collaboration and discovery. Read more here http://lccstarpower.tumblr.com/post/89355551096/gannon-building-radiates-with-starpower-as-services.
StarZone services include:
- Financial Aid
- Placement Testing
- Career and Employment Services
- Center for Student Access
- Limited English Proficiency
- International Student Services
- Women’s Resource/Returning Adult Program
- Campus Life
- Campus Visits and New Student Recruitment
- Student Records/Graduation
To learn more visit www.lcc.edu/starzone.
Please be aware that beginning today, Monday June 30th, the Assessment Center has separated testing services in order to better serve students.
- PLACEMENT TESTING will now be offered in the Star Zone inside of the newly renovated Gannon Building. In addition to placement testing students will receive personalized help with admissions, registration, advising, financial aid, student life, and more!
- COURSE TESTING for Online, Hybrid, and Lecture course exams will continue to be administered in the TLC Building, Room 104.
Interim Manager of Assessment Services
Lansing Community College