You have reached this page because the system you are trying to access is currently
unavailable due to system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Banner to be unavailable weekend of April 16-18 for upgrades
The Banner system will be unavailable due to planned upgrades 6 p.m. Friday, April 16, through Sunday, April 18, between 5-8 p.m. All efforts will be taken to complete this work as soon as possible, and the Banner system will be brought back up when we are finished with our work.
The following systems will be unavailable during this implementation window:
- Argos – Some reports may need to be rerun if not received Monday morning. If you need assistance, please contact the Help Desk Monday morning.
- Application Manager (UC4)
- Banner Document Manager (BDM)
- Banner Administrative Pages
- Banner Self-Service
- Banner Workflow
- myLCC – Will be available, but the Banner portlets will be unavailable while Banner is offline for this upgrade.
- Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Student Payments
- After the upgrade is complete, there will still be some services unavailable as they rely on ODS: SAS, some Argos reports, or other downstream system integrations. We expect ODS will be available late Monday morning or Tuesday at the latest.
- After the upgrade, but before Banner is made available to employees and students, the Banner Testing Team will verify the upgrade was successful and sign off that Banner is ready for staff and students to use. The verification (Go / No Go) window is scheduled for 2-4 p.m. Sunday, April 18. If major issues are found that cannot be resolved during this testing, we will need to revert back to our current, backup copy of Banner from prior to the start of upgrade, and we will then implement this upgrade during the next available window approved by SOCC and faculty, April 23-25. We are not expecting any major issues with this upgrade, as the Banner Testing Team has performed extensive testing during our extended Banner Testing Sessions, and we have mitigated all known issues that surfaced during the testing.
- The upgrade time period was selected by the System Operations Coordinating Committee (SOCC), and approved by faculty by way of an academic representative, as having the least impact on employees and students at this point in the academic year.
- While there is always considerable effort to update the backend of our Banner system, this will not significantly affect the end user experience. Where the end user experience is affected, communications to those impacted will be done in the most effective manner possible.
- A reoccurring Banner maintenance window is scheduled Friday evenings from 6pm to 11pm.
During a myLCC outage please use the links below for system access.