Lansing Community College
CREATIVE WRITING CONTEST
Deadline – Friday, November 15, 2013
Open to all LCC students*
*Registered Spring, Summer or Fall semesters 2013.
Fiction *** Essay *** Poetry
An individual LCC student may submit up to two poems, two stories and two essays.
LCC CONTEST PRIZES
First Place in each category $100
Second Place in each category $50
- Length: Short fiction and essays 2,000 words maximum; Poems 50 lines or less.
- No previously published work may be submitted.
- Work must be original. Document any borrowed ideas or language.
- Authors must be willing to have their work published under their own names. No anonymous or pseudonymous work will be accepted.
- Essays will be judged on original content, purpose, audience awareness, organization, development, style, and mechanics.
- Fiction and poetry will be judged on imaginative insight, sensitivity to language, and control of formal elements (e.g. point of view, metrics, etc.)
The Fine print
Entries become the property of LAND and will not be returned to authors. Rights may revert to the author upon written request. If fewer than 10 entries are submitted to the competition and/or, in the opinion of the judges the above criteria are not met, LAND reserves the right not to determine any finalists or present all prizes in one or more categories.
Complete application available at desk in
201 A&S or email email@example.com