In case you missed the news: A StarCard is now
required at most building doors on LCC’s Downtown Campus. StarCards are LCC’s
official ID cards, and they are available to employees, students and alumni. At
this time, we are not implementing this protocol at the West, East, Livingston
or Mason Aviation sites.
This is a security change to protect our campus community. Employee StarCards kept the access you already had, and added new access to the Gannon Building, Arts & Sciences Building, Health and Human Services Building, TLC Building, Dart Auditorium, Mackinaw Building, AOF, and Washington Court Place, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Sunday. If you already have a StarCard, you do not need to do anything. If you do not have an employee StarCard, visit the AOF Building, room 108, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. No appointment is needed.
Students have access to the following buildings at these days and times:
- Gannon Building: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday (main entrance near StarZone remains unlocked during these times)
- Arts & Sciences Building: 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 9:45 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday (main entrance off the Mall remains unlocked during these times)
- Health & Human Services Building: 7 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday (the northwest doors facing the Administration Building remain unlocked during these times)
- TLC Building: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, noon-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday (main entrance off N. Capitol Avenue remains unlocked during these times)
- Mackinaw Building: 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (main entrance off N. Capitol Avenue remains unlocked during these times)
Students who need a card can go to lcc.edu/services/starcard and fill out the
dynamic form. They will receive an email when their StarCard is ready for pick
up. Alternately, students can stop by the StarZone, located in the
Gannon Building secondfloor, 9 a.m.-noon Tuesdays and Wednesdays or 2-5 p.m. Thursdays. Cards are free, but there is a $15 replacement fee for students who lose theirs.
If you have any questions regarding employee StarCards, please contact Bethany Monroe-Bahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.