As students return to school, many parents are
getting back into the groove of packing lunches for their kids each day. A Healthier Michigan has provided some great
ideas for snacks and lunches to keep kids healthy and energized for learning.
- Apple slices and nut butter
- Unsalted trail mix
- Smoothies, to incorporate calcium, fruits and veggies
- Fruit and yogurt
- Whole wheat toast with nut butter and bananas
- Hummus and veggies
- Veggie and hummus pinwheels
- Healthier Lunchable – English muffin pizzas with marinara, veggies, cheese and a side fruit, with milk
- Taco Tuesday – Two-ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken with veggies, cheese and street tacos and a side fruit, with milk
- Mediterranean Wrap – Whole wheat pita with grilled chicken and veggies and a side fruit, with milk.
- Stuffed Cucumber Bites – Cucumbers filled with tuna salad or flavored tuna packs with pasta salad and fruit skewers, with milk
- Mexican Pinwheels – A vegetarian wrap filled with veggies and black beans, with a side of salsa for dip. Served with mixed fruit and milk