Last week, LCC moved to stage 2 of our
Business Resumption Plan, which allows us to explore increasing face-to-face
student support services and campus operations. In addition, the state of
Michigan lifted all MDHHS orders and MIOSHA rules related to COVID-19.
LCC has updated its safety guidance in accordance with these changes, while remaining committed to a “People First” approach. Employees, students and visitors no longer need to:
- Fill out a daily health screening
- Wear a face mask, although it is recommended if you are not fully vaccinated
- Physically distance, although it is recommended if you are not fully vaccinated
- Maintain a check-in desk
- Develop Program Safety Plans or Activity Safety Plans
We strongly encourage all employees, students and visitors to maintain important precautions, such as:
- Consider getting vaccinated per CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA recommendations, if you are able and have not yet done so. LCC is not requiring vaccination, but vaccines are free to everyone, with or without health insurance. Please check with your health care provider if you have questions and/or concerns related to vaccines. Vaccines are now readily available at local pharmacies and elsewhere. Visit Michigan’s vaccination webpage to find a location near you.
- Wear a mask if you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated and you are more comfortable wearing a mask, please continue to do so. Masks have proven to be one of the most effective ways to slow or halt the spread of the virus, and are especially helpful in preventing the spread to those who cannot be vaccinated, such as children younger than 12 and immunocompromised individuals.
- Do not come to campus if you are ill, even if you have been vaccinated. Please remember that LCC offers a COVID-19 Sick Leave Bank specifically to allow employees to take time off when ill. If you are teaching, do not require your students to come to class if they are ill.
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly, and do not share supplies with others.
The college will also continue following these health and safety measures:
- Allow employees paid time to be vaccinated and to recover from any effects.
- Ask persons who are unvaccinated to wear a face mask and physically distance from others. Make face coverings available to those who request them through their division office.
- Strongly encourage those who are unvaccinated to get consider getting vaccinated, per CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA recommendations.
- Ask those who are sick to stay home.
- Educate and train students and employees via the D2L and LMS systems each semester.
- Maintain ventilation systems.
- Maintain high-touch cleaning protocols throughout the year.
- Maintain firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com email addresses as dedicated spaces for reporting concerns.
LCC remains committed to public health, and we
will change our safety practices as the pandemic changes. This could include
reinstating requirements, such as mandatory masking or daily health screenings,
if local conditions require.
Our gratitude goes to every member of our community, for your diligence and patience in following the health measures that allowed us to reach this point in the pandemic.