LCC introduced a new, student-focused
newsletter – the LCC Top 10 – in August. The monthly newsletter was built to facilitate communication with students by
highlighting dates and deadlines, campus resources, news, and upcoming events.
It features quick hits of information about 10 timely topics, with links to the
web for full articles.
The Top 10 was developed to fill a gap in college communications that was discovered after an audit of all mass emails sent to more than 350 students during the 2018-2019 academic year. (Thank you to all who participated in that audit!) The newsletter is open to any area of the college that needs to communicate information to all enrolled students.
Topics covered in August’s Top 10 newsletter were:
- LCC’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and students’ role in keeping campus safe
- An introduction to Dr. Steve Robinson
- An invitation to Welcome Week
- A reminder to students to check their schedule before the first day of the fall semester
- Information about student services available remotely
- Information about free laptop rentals and other Library services
- Online learning assistance from the eLearning Department
- Fall deadlines for refunds, changes to residency, and changes to programs of study
- Options for remote placement testing
- A back-to-school cybersecurity checklist
The inaugural edition of the newsletter earned a
read from about 50% of all fall students, which is a high open rate that
indicates strong interest. In total, the newsletter saw a total of 7,180 opens,
suggesting many students returned to the information a second or third time.
The articles also encouraged 300 students to check their course schedule in
advance of classes, and brought more than 150 clicks to the college’s Welcome
Going forward, the newsletter will be released on the third Tuesday of every month. If you would like more information or have an article you would like to submit for potential inclusion, please fill out a Marketing request form or contact Karen Tommasulo at email@example.com.