As we begin a new year and a new semester, all
employees are invited to our annual strategic planning sessions. The college
hosts these “February Friday” sessions each year as an opportunity for
employees to come together to work on big-picture goals. During the past
several years, hundreds of you have participated in brainstorming ideas for how
to make LCC a better place to learn and work.
Based on your feedback in previous years, the college’s current strategic plan emphasizes five focus areas:
- Engaged Learning and Student Success
- Leadership, Culture and Communication
- Community Engagement
- Competitiveness and Innovation
- Resource Management and Fiscal Responsibility
Each focus area includes broad goals that
provide vision and direction. From these goals, the college built project teams
that are working to create progress on a concrete, specific action. Project
team members are faculty, staff and administrators who are passionate about one
area of improvement and have dedicated time beyond their usual workload to make
meaningful change at LCC.
This year, the February Friday session will focus on providing updates on each focus area, including brief reports from some of the project teams. Please come hear from your colleagues about how they are making LCC better! You will also have the opportunity to ask questions of each group.
This year’s sessions and topics are:
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in the Michigan Room: Employee climate survey overview; Leadership, Culture and Communication; and Community Engagement
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, in the University Center, Rooms 203 and 204: Competitiveness and Innovation, and Engaged Learning and Student Success
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, in the West Campus Atrium and Auditorium: Resource Management and Fiscal Responsibility, and a look ahead to this fall’s employee climate survey
Please note the rotating locations for this
To attend, RSVP to StrategicPlan@star.lcc.edu by the Monday prior to each session. Your RSVP will allow us to order the right amount of lunch so everyone has the chance to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you!