Give our students a great start to the
semester by volunteering your time at the Downtown Campus during Welcome Week,
Aug. 22-29. The college is looking for helpful people who can guide new
students to their classes as well as help them find a parking spot.
Interested? Here are your next steps:
1. Check the schedule of available time slots at O:\Interdivisional\LCC-Welcome-Week. We’ve removed Fridays from the schedule this year because of low student traffic, so you’ll only see Monday-Thursday times.
2. Check with your supervisor to be sure you can be gone from your regular work station at the times you’ve selected.
3. Email WelcomeWeek@lcc.edu by Friday, Aug. 9, with:
- Your name
- Your department
- Your preferred dates and times
- Your T-shirt size. Every volunteer will receive one T-shirt per day of volunteering. They’re blue this year, so you don’t need to wear your orange shirts.
Sign up early to get your preferred job and
time! Popular assignments fill up quickly.
4. Attend a volunteer training in the Administration Building Boardroom to get yourself orientated to student needs and to wayfinding changes at the college. Available times include:
- 9-10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13
- 1-2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15
- 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20
5. Show up with a smiling face to get our
students ready for success this fall!
If you are interested in helping at West Campus, please contact Jennifer Fenning at email@example.com.
Follow along with the action on social media at #LCCWelcomeWeek. And be sure to thank the LCC Foundation and donors for their generous support of Welcome Week festivities!