A round of Applause! for Megan Lin and Lonnie Arens

This week, we’re applauding Center for Teaching Excellence¬†director and Integrated English adjunct professor¬†Megan Lin.

“Professor/director Lin has done an exceptional job maintaining the positive sense of community the CTE is known for,” Melissa Lucken wrote in the award. “She listens to staff needs and goes above and beyond to meet those needs.”

Applause also goes to Lonnie Arens of Facilities.

“Thank you, Lonnie, for rushing to help me first thing on a Monday morning,” Amy Park wrote in the award. “The movable walls between two classrooms had been jammed and I wasn’t strong enough to move them on my own. I called Physical Plant in a panic and Lonnie came to help me get the classrooms set up in time for 8 a.m. classes.”

This regular “Applause!” column features the good work you and your colleagues do around the college. It’s powered by Applause! Awards, an LCC-wide program designed to recognize you for providing excellent customer service. Know someone who deserves to be featured here? All awards are given by employees, to employees, and everyone is eligible.