The Academic Senate is now accepting nominations for senators in the following areas:
- Business and Economics (two positions)
- Communication, Media and the Arts (two-year term)
- Health and Human Services (three at-large positions)
- Integrated English
- Math and Computer Science
- Public Service Careers
- Social Science and Humanities (two positions)
- Utility and Energy Systems
- Member at-large (one-, two-, and three-year terms)
Terms will begin in April 2019. Unless
stated otherwise, positions are for three years.
All nominations must meet the following criteria per the Academic Senate bylaws:
- Nominees must be non-probationary teaching faculty and academic professionals, both adjunct and full-time.
- The at-large senators can come from any department on campus that is represented in the Academic Senate. At-large senators must still meet the criteria stated above.
- MAHE executive officers are not eligible to serve in the Academic Senate during their term of office.
All nominees will be contacted and must accept
the nomination. If they do not, they will be withdrawn. Please ask nominees if
they would be interested in serving before nominating them.
All nominations must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, March 1. Nominations should be emailed to Academic Senate secretary Eliza Lee at email@example.com.