IRS regulations require employers to remind
their employees to review their W-4 status and to file a new W-4 if their filing
status or number of withholding allowances will change in the coming
There are many possibilities that may cause your number of withholding allowances to change, such as:
- Change in marital status
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Children who are no longer an eligible dependent
- Taking a second job
- Having a spouse go back to work
- Receiving income not subject to withholding such as rent, dividends, interest, or capital gains
To locate your current W-4 filing status and/or exemptions, please follow these steps:
- Go to Banner Self Service>Employee Dashboard or open this link: LCC Employee Dashboard
- Log in
- Click on Taxes
- Click on W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Review the IRS Federal Income Tax status
If you need to make a change to your W-4, please follow one of the following options:
- Go to the Payroll Department website, Payroll and Tax Information section, print W-4, and complete. Then return the completed form to the Payroll Department at Washington Court Place, 309 N. Washington Square, Suite 203.
- Visit the Payroll Department at Washington Court Place Office 254, 309 N. Washington Square, Suite 203.
The IRS requires LCC to remind employees they
have the option
to change the number of exemptions claimed on a W-4. This is not a requirement.
For additional information, contact the Payroll office at FS-Payroll@lcc.edu or x1799.