All new faculty are encouraged to attend faculty orientation at the Center for Teaching Excellence! The goals of the sessions are to create a welcoming transition for new instructors and connect them to LCC resources and services. In addition to meeting new faculty, orientation will address:
- LCC systems that impact faculty, such as myLCC, Office 365 and Banner Web Self-Service.
- The various resources and services available through the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE), Media Services, Police and Public Safety, etc.
- College policies, such as the Enrollment Verification Policy, “W” (Withdraw) grades, etc.
- Information on professional development opportunities, such as the CTE’s 12-week course, “Transforming Learning through Teaching,” and the “LCC/CTE Teaching Online Certification” course.
Participants will finish with many of their questions answered, receive “The CTE’s Faculty Guide to Resources and Services,” a “Checklist for New Faculty,” a “Quick Reference Sheet” to help address future questions and more!
This year, the orientation will be offered:
- 9 a.m.-noon Friday, Aug. 17 in TLC 326
- 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21 in TLC 326
An online version is also available via Desire2Learn.
To sign-up, visit lcc.edu/cte/workshops/orientation.aspx.