The Board of Trustees approved several revised college policies and purchase orders during its May 21 meeting.
The trustees approved:
- A revised “Children on Campus” college policy.
- A revised “Employee Personnel Files” college policy.
- A revised “Family and Medical Leave Act Regulations” college policy.
- A revised “Standards of Conduct” college policy.
- A $240,000 blanket purchase order for a three-year contract with Kaplan Higher Education Corporation for National Council Licensure Examination – Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) preparatory license tests. The purchase is funded by program course fees.
- A combined total of $362,280 in one-time purchase orders to NCS Pearson Incorporated and McGraw Hill for textbooks and supplemental class materials for CHEM 151, CHEM 152, MATH 109, MATH 112, ACCG 210 and ACCG 211. The purchases are funded by program course fees.
The approved language for the revised policies is available in this month’s Board packet.
The Board also heard comments from several faculty members about the college’s accessibility project. Many of the individuals commented the July 2019 completion date was too soon, and it was unreasonable to ask faculty, especially adjuncts, to create accessible class materials without additional compensation. The Board members requested regular updates from the college on the project.
The Board will next meet at 6 p.m. Monday, June 18, in the Administration Building Boardroom. Everyone is welcome to attend.