If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Data Science at firstname.lastname@example.org or Grace Howe at x1123.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2017, the mileage rate established by the Internal Revenue Service will decrease to 53.5 cents per mile for business miles driven. Concur will be updated with this information on Jan. 1, 2017
Please contact Accounts Payable at x1722 if you have any questions.
Pat Engle is leaving LCC for a fabulous opportunity as Associate Vice President for Facilities Management at Oakland University! Everyone is welcome to her going-away party from 1-3 p.m. Dec. 14 in the Gannon South Commons. Come give her your best wishes and thank her for her unparalleled service to LCC!
Because the college is closed Monday, Jan. 2, 2017, Human Resources will conduct the week’s New Employee Orientation on Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2017. The time and place remain unchanged: 8:30 a.m. in Gannon Building, Room 244. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Willett at x1979 or Sarah Velez at x1874.
Experience #Starpower is thrilled to announce an exciting way to formally recognize the #Starpower of your peers. These prestigious awards will be given only once per year and only one per category.
Submissions are open until March 31, 2017. The awards ceremony will take place in April.
The categories are:
- President’s Award (Outstanding Achievement Award)
- Provost’s Award (Faculty of the Year)
- Galaxy Award (Administrator of the Year)
- Aurora Award (Diversity Excellence Award)
- Eclipse Award (Safety Award)
- Shining Star Award (Support Person of the Year)
- Rock Star Award (Student Employee of the Year)
- Rising Star Award (New Employee of the Year)
- Giving Star Award (Philanthropic Award)
For more information and to nominate a candidate, visit lcc.edu/experience/showcase.
The Sign Language club is collecting gently used, sturdy backpacks and duffel bags. The donations will be sent to deaf children in Nepal who use them to carry survival items like firewood and food.
Donations will be collected until Dec. 19. You can drop off your donation at either Room 131 in the Gannon Building or at East Campus service desks during normal work hours.
For more information, contact Emily Williams at email@example.com.
The December issue of Student Health 101 is here! Share it with your students, and peruse it yourself.
In this issue:
- Enter to win $1,000 – Provide feedback and get entered for a chance to win $1,000
- What would you do in an active shooting scenario?
- Study space solutions
- Better U – Mind your Mind, December to-do list, Ask the Experts, Thing of the month
- Fitness Center Winter Break Hours
- Finals Frenzy
- New Spring 2017: Combined Fitness/Weight Room Membership
- Therapeutic Massage Clinic
- Dental Exam & Cleaning
- Natural Ways to Reduce Early Skin Aging
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): A Fast Way To Fit
- Organize your study space to maximize your time
- Quiz: What’s your bystander style?
- How to stretch your way to better sleep
- Eat Right-Now
- Getting Tested – What do you know about sexual health (and everything)?
- Check your anxiety – Students share what works (and what doesn’t)
With our continuous payroll deduction donors, credit cards, direct bill and personal check donors we have pledged $9,600.00 to United Way for 2017! Let’s keep it going!
Please contact Sherry Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-483-1871 with questions!